Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Are Filipinos ready for a "Black" President?



Recently a member of media jokingly asked Jejomar Binay if the Filipinos are ready for a “Black” president. He retorted in jest, “I’m a darkhorse”.

Seriously, Jojo Binay has been mentioned in the media as a possible presidential hopeful. Will he run for president?

If he was true to his words, he will not.

He was once asked about rumors that he might run for the presidency. The mayor was said to have paused and subtly deflected the topic "I always believe that winning the presidency is a matter of destiny. I heard that from Cory; she was the one who said that. Running the city is hard; but let me just say that I want to be remembered as a good administrator. I think I know how to administer. Probably the only difference between running a business and running government is that in business, you can quantify your success through the profits you earn. In our case, it's not quantifiable because it's service. If there's any gauge at all, it's probably the result of the elections, because if you win overwhelmingly, you're probably on the right track."

Mark his words!

No comments: